WHY I’M RUNNING
I’m the son of a school social worker and a special education teacher who worked incredibly hard their entire lives making sure I had a better life. It’s because of them, service is in my DNA.
I can trace everything back to the sacrifices my parents made to ensure the American Dream was possible for me. And now I’m running for Congress to make sure the American Dream is still attainable for your children, your family, and your loved ones.
As your Congressman, I’ll fight to bring you and your children:
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten for every child in America;
- Federal support for the right to organize at work;
- Real help putting food on the table and gas in your car;
- Meaningful Federal Investment in public transportation that better connects our region;
- Meaningful police reform;
- Wider access to home ownership and affordable housing;
- Access to affordable prescription medication;
- Cancellation of student debt to give young people a fair shot at the American Dream.
- Justice Kurtis Wilder (Ret) | Former Michigan Supreme Court Justice
- Tyrone Carter | State Representative 6th House District
- Horace Sheffield III | Detroit Association of Black Organizations
- Dbusiness Magazine | Top Lawyers 2019, 2020
- Super Lawyers | Rising Star 2018, 2019, 2020
- Leadership Oakland | Member, 28th Class 2017
- Detroit Regional Chamber-MPC | Future Leader 2017
- State Bar Of Michigan | Member, Young Lawyers Section 2015- Present
- Wolverine Bar Association | Co-Chair, Pipeline Committee 2016- Present
- Detroit Bar Association | Member 2016- Present
- 40 Under 40 Award | Michigan Chronicle 2013
- Transformational Change Award | Teach For America 2013